January 8th, 2011

I don't pretend to be the most domestic woman in the world. I've learned that I'm not too bad at cooking, I'm very bad at cleaning, and I cannot wear pearls and high-heels all day to save my life. I will never be Doris Day. I will (almost) always forget to put on makeup. Some days, I will not shower, just cause I don't feel like it. I will change into yoga pants (I call them this 'cause it makes me feel better than admitting I wear sweat pants for 60% of my life) as soon as I get home from work. On the weekend, you'll be hard-pressed to get me into wearing anything considered acceptable in mainstream society. All in all, I am not a perfect '50's housewife. But, there is one domestic chore I do well.




























I make damn good chocolate chip cookie bars. They're my favorite dessert, and I'm not big on sweets. I've been making them since I was old enough to be trusted with an oven (I think around 19). I've perfected my twist on nestle tollhouse's recipe - which is basically less chocolate chips because that recipe OD's on chocolate chips. I also mostly make them because I want to eat the batter. I don't believe the hype about getting salmonella from eating raw cookie dough. Maybe I'll believe when I actually contract salmonella. Until then, I will happily lick the spoon clean any time I make chocolate chip cookie bars.

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment