January 13th/14th, 2011

I didn't post yesterday because I was too busy making the mess that became my picture of the day.




























This is the remains of my attempted sugar cookies. When I told you I'm not the most domestic woman in the world, I wasn't kidding. I followed the recipe to a T, except for the mix flour in slowly part. I didn't think it would be a problem, because I only ever make cookie bars, and I whip the shit out of those. Apparently sugar-ish cookies need you to mix slowly or it turns into a crumbly mess, leaving yours truly throwing measuring cups violently across the room and almost throwing the mixing bowl against the wall. I froze the dough after mixing it (cause the recipe told me to, and I was hoping that would somehow make it congeal). Yeah, I know nothing about baking of the science therein. Well it came out in a crumbly roll that was easily broken apart. So, my last ditch effort was to try baking it in sheet form, it just became a hot crumbly sheet. I managed not to have a breakdown, which is surprising, considering the fact that I spent a good hour mixing the dough and making the dipping caramel, and I was tired and furious when the dough turned out like shit.

In the end I threw it away, refrigerated the caramel, and decided to try again this weekend, following the directions more closely this time. If it still turns into a crumbly mess there will definitely be violence.

Today's picture is in honor of my husband and I going on a date night.







































We went to a Mexican restaurant and to see The Green Hornet and Ski wore my favorite shirt of his - I find it adorable and hilarious, and he is adorable in it.

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment