April 15th - 17th, 2011

Well, this could be one of the last blogs written from the states for this year, it'll probably be too difficult to update tomorrow, as I will be shipping a car and then hauling off to Germany. That being said, I guess it's ok it's a three-for-one.

Ok, so I forgot to take a picture until I was about to go to bed, so this is what you get. (April 15th)





























Barnacle took the opportunity of the empty apartment to drag his bed all over the place. That's all I got. Try taking an exciting picture when you spent all day dealing with movers, selling a car, and cleaning out an apartment.

After getting out of the apartment - the next day - I wound up in New Orleans, Louisiana. Well, the outskirts.







































I did venture into the outlying areas of New Orleans, not Bourbon Street - not on Saturday anyway. But, I liked how this picture turned out. So, it's my picture of the day.

I drove through New Orleans Sunday. Well, I drove through Bourbon Street. Mostly, it gave me an anxiety attack. It was wall to wall people and bars, and driving down the street made me nervous and claustrophobic. So, I did not stop or get out of the car to take a picture. Once i got more into the outskirts I was happier. I like the southern/victorian architecture everywhere, and I thought this was really cool... (April 17th)







































Driving down the street, there were beads hanging from the trees, electrical wires, and street signs. Some of the best beads were on this street - Napoleon Street. I was much more interested in this street than Bourbon Street. There weren't any bars, the street was actually four lanes and not half a lane, and it wasn't crawling with people.

I think I may be the only person who would go back to New Orleans and stay away from Bourbon Street.

2 comments:

  1. We were in New Orleans for New Years a couple years ago and Justin had an anxiety attack. It sucked. Did you know it's so dirty there that it is a city ordinance that they must hose the sidewalk down every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maggie That's disgusting! And I can totally see why he would, I was seriously driving down and I could feel like a tightness in my chest I get when I'm anxious. I originally planned to park and take pictures, but I didn't even want to get out of the car! It was like 1 pm and people were walking around with open containers and just walking in the middle of the street. I just turned off and left. I saw Bourbon Street - that was enough.

    ReplyDelete