June 9th, 2011

I'm thinking of renaming this portion of Project 365 to "Walks With Barnacle." The reason I usually take pictures at this time of day is because, in case you haven't guessed, it's usually the only time of day I actually get out into the world. Not having a car or a job kind of limits my exploring possibilities. Not to mention, I'm paralyzed with fear at the thought of becoming lost in Germany. I literally only know my way to and from base, and I have been known to get lost with a GPS, so the idea of being stranded and not understanding the signs surrounding me is a little terrifying.

That being said, I hope to have a job soon, and thus will have the opportunity to take pictures in more places. Until then, I'm afraid you're stuck with these.






























Throughout our walk, I find Barnacle doing his best impression of Trusty from Lady and the Tramp, the Bloodhound whose nose is perpetually to the ground. Though, I imagine Barnacle's sense of smell is still in tact.

It's this fact, coupled with his pointy head, long ears, and droopy face, that have led me to the conclusion that Barnacle is part bloodhound. I no longer think he's part basset hound, because he's getting too tall for that. I'm not sure if there's another breed thrown in there. The vet suggested he might be part Rhodesian Ridgeback because of the row of curly hair on his back. I've looked up that dog, and it does resemble Barnacle a little, though I've never seen one closeup to really verify.

One things for sure, Barnacle is one weird ass mutt.

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment