June 7th - June 8th, 2011

Ok, so yesterday's (June 7th) picture is a little morbid and creepy.



























Behold! A creepy and very dead German frog!

Ok, so, I didn't know it was dead until I saw it in the same exact spot two days in a row, and then, of course, I decided to take a picture of it.

I didn't notice that the frog was gathering dust until I looked at the pictures. I didn't know until then because I had my camera zoomed all the way in, standing a good 10 feet away from the very dead frog, with my camera held out at arms length. I hyperventilated between snapping pictures, and firmly told myself over and over again, "It's dead. It's dead. It's dead."

I don't know what I expected to happen with the frog being dead like that, as if its ghost would accost me. Frankly, I don't know what I would've expected to happen if the frog was alive. What could it possibly do to me? Jump near me? I highly doubt this Germanic strand of frog is poisonous, and even so, I would hope I could out-run a tiny hopping frog.

However, logic cannot be accounted for in this case. I am very, very afraid of this (and all) frogs. I really didn't know that until I encountered one in Germany. Who knew moving here would reveal my fear of amphibians?

Today, June 8th, I took a picture of something that's just funny.







































Apparently in Germany dog poop is illegal. I wish I had known this before Barnacle pooped ALL OVER that park.

Well, he didn't really, but I still think it's funny that they have an anti-dog-poop sign. As if that stopped me, considering I took the picture while holding onto Barnacle's leash, not paying the least bit attention to his bowel movements.

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment